Thursday 29 April 2010

"Imitation is the greatest form of flattery....?"


CRUCIAL SECTION are a Japanese Hardcore band heavily influenced by the 80's UK/ Euro HC scene.
Bands such as Larm, BGK, Heresy, Ripcord and my old Band JAILCELL RECIPES to name a few.
Above is the sleeve of our POULTON RD. ep released in 1989(I think) and also a 7-inch from C.S. I picked up on a trip to Japan a few years back. I wouldn't be going too far to say that the latter is definitely inspired by the former!
I began corresponding with Hiro, the vocalist in C.S. via Myspace a coupla years back and actually booked some UK dates for them in November 2009.
I picked 'em up from the airport and me and Sean drove 'em around for a few days finally dropping them off at Dover to take the ferry to Europe to continue the tour.
Our new (old) band BAIL-BOND...3/4's of JAILCELL RECIPES, also played the UK dates, and as an encore, Hiro even did a few old songs with us.....which was great fun but it killed Ian the drummer...we stopped playing those superfast songs back in 1990!
Crucial Section have returned the offer and have asked Bail-Bond to do a few dates in Japan in 2011...
I think we showed these guys a good time but with a major language barrier....its hard to tell....they do look pretty happy in these pictures though. (The Jailcell banner is 23 years old)


Wada: guitar

Hiro: vocals

Dr. OT Madd: drums

Sniper: bass guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment