Friday 1 June 2012

MILL STREET MUSCLE CAR



More pics from yesteryear. My dad always had fast cars and seemed to change them every 6 months but back in 1973 he owned this Mustang Mach 1. An awesome car to be driven around the Wigan borough in. Left hand drive, V8 lump, 8-track music player and candy red leather interior. We once took a three week long family caravanning trip to Italy and Yugoslavia and averaged between 7-9 miles per gallon! I fondly remember my sister and me lying down in the 'folded-down -seat' boot area, looking up through the tinted panoramic rear window at the crystal clear Mediterranean sky whilst listening to Lee Hazlewood and Nancy Sinatra. Unsure of all the contributing facts but I think the car was sold on pretty quickly after this trip....probably because it was such a gas guzzler!
I'm not really into cars but if I ever had a few grand spare...I would hunt down one of these iconic bruisers.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing can ever beat memories from your childhood family car. That muscle car is timeless, and it looks so fly with its paint job. Candy red interiors sound sweet! Well, I hope you can still find one of these around. Cheers!

    -Ellsworth Mciltrot

    ReplyDelete