Tuesday 1 June 2010

SICK SIDEBOTTOM......update

This is a piece of art that Frank did. It's called "Me as me after chemotherapy" and just sold for £480 on EBAY. The money is going to Christies Hospital charity.
Here is the message that went with the auction:

hello fantastic fans,... frank sidebottom here,...
and after finding out that i've got bobbins cancer,... the world has gone potty !!!
(see my "oh blimey" blog on www.myspace.com/franksidebottom )
I've had loads of press,.. offered loads of interviews and telly,...
and they are playing me loads on the radio !!
which is just what i had in mind for the month of may,.. as I celebrate 25 years in fantastic
semi-professional showbizness this month,.... but maybe not quite the way I planned !!!!
Anyway,... what you are bidding on here is a ace drawing I've done in the "me as,.." series.

*** it's "me as me after chemotherapy" (ha, ha !)***

it's signed dated and stamped and comes with a copy of the "metro news"
which I will also sign to the winning bidder.
I've started the bidding at 109p,...
(as you can get a 109 bus to wythenshawe hospital)
and postage is 11p worldwide
(as you can also get a number 11 bus !!!)
happy bidding,... and bid as much as you like,..
as I'm giving all the money to cancer research,... (that's good !)
best regards

frank sidebottom

www.franksworld.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment